Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Well the morning began and Annabelle flew back home and Nicole flew in. They both arrived at their destinations safely. Nicole the day before had gone by my house and picked up three sip and puff tubes from old chairs that I had saved in hopes that maybe one of them could be used to replace the broken one. Went and washed hair and had an appointment at 2:30 at the wheelchair place. When I got there, a man named Jose was waiting for me to see if he could help with my chair. The first two attempts didn't work out but Jose told me I wasn't leaving until he got it fixed. A little over an hour had gone by and the third attempt worked out great! Jose reminds me alot of Steve back at Wheelchairs Plus in Jacksonville. They can fix anything. Everyone in the shop was extremely nice. I am so thankful for TJ at Wheelchairs Plus for finding this place here to fix my chair and especially Jose. It is so great to have my chair back in working order. Once again, another blessing. After that we headed back to the hotel to get ready to go out for the evening. Marie and her aunt met us and Marie's aunt started the tour guide. She took us to the top of Twin Peaks to a scenic lookout point...WOW, what a view to see the whole city, the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz. It was very windy and cold but well worth being able to see this. After that she took us to Chinatown, where we had dinner and shopped.
Now I am back at the hotel trying to thaw out! For some reason this hotel doesn't let each room individually control the temperature of the room...don't know why, can't explain it but they gave me some lame reason why the hotel only has one setting for the temperature. So I have a portable, electric heater they gave me to warm up my room. That old saying sure rings true: The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco. How in the world do people function here?? It is a beautiful city and there is still so much I hope to see. The plan tomorrow is to see the Golden Gate Bridge up close and the Redwood forest and possibly dinner at Fisherman's Wharf.

1 comment:

  1. Donnie finally read the entire blog....CRAZZZZYYY!!! So glad you got the chair fixed. I'm so happy you r able to see all those great things..just sorry I couldn't see them with you. Maybe next time..HAHA!! I Love and Miss you. Enjoy the rest of your trip and I can't wait to see you in Vegas on the 7th!! Hey Marie...You SUPERHERO You!!

    ReplyDelete