Thursday, July 1, 2010

Brace yourself this is a long one. Met Marie, her aunt and her aunt's fiance about 12:30 at her house in downtown San Francisco. First stop was Lombard Street, in case you don't know it is the famous crooked road in San Francisco. We drove in the van from the top to the bottom. At the top of each twist are huge beds of all different colors of hydrangeas and all along the sides of the street has beautiful flowers. I didn't know this but there are actually homes on both sides of the street. These people drive this every day. After that we headed to the Golden Gate Bridge. My mom, Kami, Marie and I got out of the van and we all walked completely across the bridge to the other side. Of course I rolled! Marie's aunt and her fiance met us on the other side. It was very windy and cold on the first half of the bridge, the San Francisco side but when we got a little over half way to the other side the temperature really changed and became alot warmer. It's really an amazing feat of construction, especially being built in the 1930's. They do maintenance on the bridge everyday. They start on one end, painting and whatever else they do and go to the other side and when they get there they go back the other way doing the same thing... it is a nonstop process. I am so glad I went across the bridge in my chair. After that we went to Muir Woods forest to see all the huge redwoods. They had a trail all through the park I could drive my chair on. The smell in the air is intoxicating...the best way to describe it is a live Christmas tree. It is so pleasing to your nose! I know that sounds sappy (hahaha) but it was that wonderful. The sun was shining through the trees casting shadows, it was so beautiful. I hope the pictures that I took does it justice. Definitely the biggest trees I've ever seen. After going thru the trails we headed to Fisherman's Wharf at Scoma's for dinner. Delicious! Delicious! I'm planning to come back to Fisherman's Wharf tomorrow when I can spend more time looking around. Went and dropped Jackie, Larry and Marie off and headed to the hotel. I have one more day and night here in San Francisco and then it is off to Bakersfield. I will be posting pictures in the next day or two.

1 comment:

  1. Soak up every moment!!!til you do it again. See ya soon DV. Love and miss you

    ReplyDelete