Wednesday, July 21, 2010

To a complete surprise to me, I really love modern art. Mostly paintings. While I was in La Jolla cove, there was a small gallery and a painting caught my eye as I was rolling by. So I went inside and couldn't believe how cool these paintings were. I never knew I had it in me to like paintings. So today we went to Balboa park, which is named after Rocky, just kidding, that was a joke. They have all kinds of museums and art galleries. As we were on our way to check out one of the art galleries, we came across a botanical garden. It brought back a lot of memories of all the plants I used to grow and show. We then went to an art gallery next door, but it just wasn't for me. It was older artist from hundreds of years ago. There were some very expensive pieces, but I prefer the modern stuff. On our way back to the van we stopped in a museum of dinosaurs and gems. I've never seen full sized dinosaur skeletons before. There were a lot of different species. The next floor we went to had photographic pictures on display and for sale. Some of them were cool but for the most part anybody could have taken these with a disposable camera. The next floor we went to was the gem floor. There were a lot of beautiful stones and the history of where they come from. After that we headed back to the house to get ready for dinner. We had dinner reservations at the Marriott in downtown San Diego. It was right next door to the Padres' stadium. The food was excellent. While we were eating there were several people walking by with huge bags about the size of your body with different comic characters on them. Come to find out, "Comic Con" is in San Diego this weekend. For those of you who don't know, this is one of the biggest conventions in the US. You have to get tickets for it 10 months in advance to even be able to come to it. I wish I would have known I would be here at this time. I would have done my best to come to it. It is something that would have been very awesome to visit. There's all kinds of stars from movies and television that are making appearances here. Such as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for her movie Salt. The cast from the Big Bang Theory and many more. I can't imagine all the vendors and really cool stuff they have inside. After dinner we walked around the Gas Lamp quarter of downtown. Lot of cool bars, restaurants and shops. Jacksonville is really missing out on not turning downtown into something like this!! Back at Jennifer's and Cliff's now. Tomorrow we don't know what we're doing during the day. At night we have reservations at the Marine Room.

1 comment:

  1. I like the DoFollow list, however even additional the firefox plugin that provides ME an excellent read of what pages do backlink and that don’t link (no follow)..Adult Disposable Diaper Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete