Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today we went to Del Mar racetrack. They have horse racing. I'd never been to a horse track before so I thought it would be something neat to do. We got to the track, $20 for parking, then we proceeded inside. Its very beautiful here. We had planned to have lunch and bet on a race or two. The first place we went to have lunch it was $120 just for the table, not including lunch. Next place we tried was $60 just for the table. I decided to take it. It faced the track so you could see the horses run by. On our way to our table, cause you had to buy tickets at another place, there was a twenty foot walkway that the horses come in and out of and for you to from one side to the other it was $4 a person. I can now say I paid $4 to drive across mulch. But it was on the way to get to our table. The food wasn't very good. Out of the three races I bet on, I won one. But it didn't pay enough to cover my bet. We were ready to go. We were meeting everyone at the Marine Room for dinner. We sat down for dinner beside floor to ceiling windows looking out over the Pacific Ocean. The waves actually crash onto the glass. The sun was setting and it was beautiful. A good close to the end of my trip here in San Diego. Cliff and Jennifer have been so wonderful to me, my nurses and Marie. They have made us feel right at home. I'm so thankful to have been able to stay here. I can't believe the time is here that I am heading back to Jacksonville. Like I've said before, time has just flown by. I've gotten to do everything and more that I've wanted to. I'm so blessed to have been able to take this trip. There's no way I could have done this without all my nurses. I want to thank them especially for making this possible for me. My friend Marie will be leaving tomorrow also, flying back to Jacksonville. I've had a great time with her. I'm definitely ready to come home. Pray for a safe trip back.

No comments:

Post a Comment