Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday we left for San Antonio. Long day of driving, about 9 hours. Fortunately, we got an early start and made it there around 7pm. I knew the Alamo was in downtown San Antonio, so before we went to our hotel we went to find it. I know it's just a small little place but because what it stands for I wanted to say I have seen it with my own eyes. Finally arrived at our hotel about 9pm. The room worked out good.If I ever travel again I will try to stay at Embassy Suites along the way because they are very accommodating to me.If you are traveling, I recommend staying at Embassy suites, rooms are spacious,free breakfast, and I think you'll be glad you did. We got a bite to eat at the hotel restaurant. Good food and great service.then it was time for bed. Long day ahead of us tomorrow. Monday got off to an early start again on our way to Biloxi. We drove on some of the roughest roads between San Antonio and Biloxi. During the drive a car in front of us hit something and it flew up and hit us. It put a nice little dent on the drivers side door. Hit a lot of traffic in Louisiana. I don't remember the town we were in. We were all so glad to see the Beau Rivage. This day felt like the longest we spent driving on the whole trip. Mentally an physically drained. I do not know what I would have done if my friend, Asa, had not been with me driving throughout my trip.I am so thankful to him for helping me out. He is truly a wonderful man and I feel blessed and honored to have him as a friend. Checked into the Beau Rivage.None of the rooms they gave me worked. Fortunately, the maintenance men remembered me and got me a room with a bed that they set up for me to use. Went down for a bite to eat and gambled one least time before coming home. three card and Roulette, I lost on. Played Blackjack and got all my money back and a little more. Back in the room, ready for bed.Tommorow I'm headed home. It's going to be good to see my mother and father, my TV, and my own bed. Pray for a safe trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment