Thursday, July 1, 2010

Left the hotel around 12:30 and went and washed hair. Then went and picked up Marie at her aunt's house. From there we went to Ghirardelli's Chocolates. Chocolate OVERLOAD!! It was really neat watching them make the chocolate. From there we headed down towards the Wharf at Pier 39. Marie and I had an artist draw a characture of us. All kinds of different booths on the street selling hand crafted odds and ends. It is very cold and windy. Stopped and bought some shirts and hoodies. Finally made it to the Wharf and Pier 39. All kinds of cool stores on the pier. They had a store just for left handed people. At the end of the pier we watched the sea lions so many people have talked about. There were great views of Alcatraz from the pier. It's even colder in this spot! In the meantime, Kami and Marie went and got the van and brought it to mother and me at the beginning of the pier. We went to dinner at this vegetarian restaurant called Greens....it was Marie's aunt who recommended it because a good friend of hers is an executive chef there. You would think knowing me this would be the perfect restaurant. Not at all, I didn't like it. After that we headed back to the hotel to pack and get ready to leave for Bakersfield in the morning. I really enjoyed my time here in San Francisco. I was glad I was able to do everything I wanted to do and more. But I will not be missing the cold summertime weather here. I hear it is in the upper 90's to 100's in Bakersfield.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time in San Francisco Donnie but sorry it was so cold and windy. It sounds like you did see all the most important things. Whats in Bakersfield? Is that just a stopping point for the night? I never heard of anyone going there on purpose. Just curious. Anyway, have a safe trip back to Vegas and enjoy your July 4th weekend. Probably having dinner with your dad tonight. Love to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete