Wednesday, July 7, 2010

As you know, today was the start of the Main Event for me. Got down to where my table is about 10 minutes before noon. On my way I saw my friend Jim from Bakersfield. It was great to see him out here for the event. As I told you already, he did so much for me during my visit in Bakersfield. I so much appreciate it. Then I saw Susie Isaacs. She had told me the day before that she had a surprise for me and that she would give it to me before the tournament started. After we talked for a couple of minutes she went and got a camera crew to come over and video me receiving the surprise. I couldn't believe what she had done for me. She had contacted the Pittsburgh Steelers and told them about me and my trip out to play in the WSOP. For those who don't know, words can't describe how much I love the Steelers. She got the Steelers to send a football autographed by the entire 2009 team for me. What an amazing gift! She is absolutely one of the most wonderful women I've ever met. I am so blessed to have become friends with her and have her support. I will most certainly try but I will never be able to reciprocate her kindness. Josh, my friend who manages the Poker Room in Jacksonville, and his wife Robin, met me before I started the tournament. It was great to see a familiar face from home. Then it was time to start the tournament. Everyone started with 30k in chips. Never really built up my stack past 37k. I really had a bad run of cards all day long but I still made it into day two with 17,500 in chips. Hopefully the cards turn around for me when I play again on Saturday. I'm still having the time of my life!

3 comments:

  1. Rooting for you Donnie. It is so great that there are many people there you know to support you. Know that all of us who know and love you from Jacksonville are hoping and praying for you too. We look forward to the next update. GO GET UM DONNIE! Love you.

    P.S. I don't know if you heard about Frank's foot or not. Anyway, there was concern he had infection in the bone and was going to need surgery. Turns out that was not the case, thanks be to God! So we are heading back to TN. for about 5-6 weeks on July 18. I have only 8 more treatments and I will be done. Wooohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Day 2 Yipee!!!! One step at a time. Dad was down to 400 chips day one and came back and won!!!!! The cards will start to turn!!!! Have a GREAT time!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it going Donnie! GO! GO! GO!

    ReplyDelete