Sunday, July 4, 2010

We left Bakersfield about 11:30am. Didn't realize until I started seeing the signs that we were about to drive through the Mojave desert. I have to be honest it did cross my mind, "What would we do if we got stranded in the middle of the desert?" You know I like the heat and I had already thawed out from San Francisco but it is easy to become well done in the desert. So I made sure that the van was full of gas and everything looked good with the tires. Turned out it really wasn't that bad. Made it into Vegas at about 5:30pm. As I caught the first glimpse as we were driving into the city, I had a flash back of the first time I saw it. I'm very happy to be back here. There's still so much I want to do here. Time is flying by. Tonight got tickets to a Cirque du Soleil show called "Mystere" at Treasure Island. I wanted my Mother to see one of the Cirque du Soleil shows. Unfortunately "O" was sold out. Its supposed to be the best. We had dinner at a Hawaiian-style restaurant in the Treasure Island. The food was very good. Mystere was good, not as good as KA but I'm still glad Mother and I were able to see it together. Played Three Card poker for a little while afterwards. Had a bad run with it. Headed back to the hotel. Going to try to find some things for me and Mother to do tomorrow for her last day and night here. I'm so blessed with such a wonderful Mother. She is a trooper! She can hang with the best of them and outdo most of them. I will be sad to see her leave on the 5th but its probably for the best because I'll be busy playing in tournaments. I love to have her sitting on the rail watching me play, but I know it must be boring and tiring to just sit there. Happy 4th of July, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived back in Vegas safely and you had no incidents in the Mojave. I've never driven through there but would like to one day. So glad you and your mom had such a good time together. And yes....she is a trooper! You should have seen her in Israel. I couldn't keep up with her. We had your dad over for dinner last night and he didn't complain about the food so I guess I did alright. :-) He's going with us tomorrow to Sticky Fingers for lunch to celebrate the 4th. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donnie I am Debbie Fannin and I met you in Vegas. My dad is Harold Angle the guy that won the WSOP for seniors. I have been following your blog. Sounds and looks like you are having a GREAT time. My mom,sister and I took that trip a few years back and had a awesome time. I just wanted to wish you good luck in the WSOP!!!! Keep us posted!!!!

    ReplyDelete