Sunday, June 13, 2010

Played my first tournament today. Started at noon. I'll have pictures of the hoodie I was wearing. Pink with a big patch that says "Lady Pink and her Pink Posse" and a Full Tilt patch. Misty had the same hoodie and we really looked cool. They start you with 3000 chips. I got it up to almost 6000 at one point but then I went card dead. I went all in and was beat by quads. If you're going to go out, I guess quads is the way to go. There was almost 2500 people in the tournament and I finished in the 1400's. It was good to get my feet wet. I can't say enough about Lady Pink. She is truly a wonderful lady. I'm so appreciative for what she's done for me, for her sponsoring me. During the second break of the tournament I went to the Full Tilt VIP room to do my first interview with Bluff Magazine. Surprisingly I wasn't nervous at all. The interviewer made me very comfortable. Rich Bitar, the guy who has been behind the sponsorship for me, was there. He made me feel very welcomed and reassured me that he is here for me. There were a few pros in the lounge and I was able to meet Phil Gordon, Annie Duke and Andy Bloch. Mike Matusow signed a copy of his book for me. I hope I am able to meet many more pros. Its so cool to see in person all the players I've watched on tv. So far, everyone is really nice. Afterwards we came up to the room and everyone got ready for dinner. We decided on the buffet again. Can't beat it. I feel like a big wig. There is a long line to get into the buffet and I get to go into the VIP entrance and never have to wait. While at the buffet tonight, I was able to meet the 2007 WSOP main event champion, Jerry Yang. I can't begin to tell you how nice he was to me. He told me to Facebook him to give him my table number for the main event so that he could come over and wish me luck beforehand. It has been a full day. I can't believe I'm really here. I am so blessed. I have my first nurse change tomorrow. Brenda and Misty go home and Candy and Lisa fly in.

No comments:

Post a Comment