Thursday, June 24, 2010

This morning, sweet Amanda left to go back to Jacksonville. Had a great time during her visit. She is such a joy to be around. I'm so glad that she was able to come out here. I hated to see her go. My Mom came in this morning. It was really good to see her. I'm excited about going to California with her tomorrow. Carissa left this afternoon. Around that time we found out that Kami's flight was cancelled. The quickest she can get here is tomorrow morning around 10 am. So we will get a late start tomorrow going to L.A. Brenda flies home in the morning and Annabelle flies in. Hopefully we can get on the road by noon or 1 pm.
Started the second day of the PL Omaha High/Low tournament today. There were 171 people still in it. Up and down in chips most of the day. But got on a roll closer to the bubble (where you get paid). Top 81 people get paid. There were 84 people left. I put my whole tournament on the line and I was all in with a little over 30k. I can't tell you how nervous I was. I thought I had the best hand. I just hoped that he would fold. I really didn't want to have leave the tournament on the bubble with nothing after playing for two days. He thought about it forever, to the point that the dealer called over the floor official and had him count down the time until he had to make a decision. My guts were turned inside out. Like I said, to come this far for nothing. After the floor official counted down the last ten seconds, he finally folded. No one saw it but I jumped up and down. Not long after that, I made it to the money. The day continued to get better and better. I was able to accumulate more and more chips. The time finally came where I got knocked out. I had the best hand but he got lucky on the river. Out of 847 starters, I was knocked out at number 33. I was very pleased with how I played. No regrets. Off to L.A. tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Drats! Sorry you finally got knocked out Donnie, but OMG 33 out of 847 starters is quite an accomplishment. I'm proud of you Donnie. Glad your mom got out there OK. Boy, if I weren't having these doggone treatments I'd be out there with her. I would love to do the Calif trip with you all. Have a wonderful time. I hope Annabelle gets in on time and everyone else gets where they are supposed to be safely. Love you. P.S. Rosie says hi.

    ReplyDelete