Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Recap of Sunday June 13th

The internet in the Rio is horrible. They charge you $14 a day! Half the time it doesn't work that well. So I promised myself I would go get my Sprint wireless card to work. For some reason it wasn't working. That's why I didn't post anything yesterday. So here's what happened yesterday the best that I can remember. Remember I'm old. Brenda flew home in the morning and Misty flew home in the afternoon. Lisa and Candy were on the same flight and got into the room around 10:30am. Candy, Marie and I went to Wal-Mart to get stuff for the room because everything is a fortune here. So the little odds and ends I try to buy elsewhere. After that I went to Best Buy to see if they could find out what was wrong with my Sprint card. That's where I bought it and had it installed in my computer a year and a half ago. Of course, they don't do that kind of stuff with the wireless cards. So I had to find a Sprint technician store to get it fixed. By this time all of them were closed. Oh, almost forgot, we stopped at In and Out Burger for lunch. I had 3 bites of the famous hamburger. I was still tasting it 5 hours later. The onion was extremely strong. I won't be eating there again. Then we came back to the hotel. Went to the Carnival buffet here at the hotel again. It was awesome, some of the best vegetable soup I've had. After that, I got tickets to Penn and Teller. In case you don't know who they are, they are a comedy/ magician team. They have been preforming at the Rio for 10 years. They had some funny things, but I was definitely glad when their routine was over. Two hours was way too long. Candy went to bed and Lisa and I went to the poker room. I was going to play in a satellite. For those that don't know, its a one table tournament. Winner take all. As I'm waiting for my table to be called, I look over and can't believe my eyes. A good friend of mine who used to deal at the Poker Room in Jax until she moved away four years ago, was dealing at a table right in front of me. I pulled over and stopped and just watched her. When she finally looked up and saw me, she screamed, "Oh my God! Its Donnie!" She startled all the players at the table, including a cross-dresser. He/she was wearing a white tube top, long blonde hair and make-up to the max. It was a very odd sight. My old friend gave me her number and we're going to meet up on her next day off. It was great seeing it. I got heads up with a guy in the satellite. He had me out chipped 8 to 1. We made a deal, I would take $500 and he would take $1100. The buy-in was $175. It was either come out with $325 guaranteed or a chance at getting nothing at all, so I took it. Afterwards, I went to bed.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word Donnie, I would have gone to bed too after all you did that day. So you saw your first cross dresser in Vegas. You will see a lot more before you leave. They are all over the place out there. Are you going to try to go to Emeril's restaurant while you are there? I wanted to go last time I was out in 2005 but didn't make it. I hear it is good. Loving your updates. It makes me feel like I am experiencing all of this with you. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job cashing in tourny. Enjoying reading your blog as I am arriving at rio on Sunday the 11th. We have played in a few tournys together over the years and I have always respected your play and how you handle yourself. Have a great time and I am rooting for you! - Johnny

    ReplyDelete