Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Started out this morning heading to Amarillo.I'm very happy to be leaving this hotel.I'm so thankful I have Phyllis in my corner. She switched to a nicer hotel in Amarillo. We went through Dallas around one o'clock. It was the perfect time, no traffic. A lot of tall buildings. Looked like a nice city. After several miles from Dallas, everything turned flat, dead looking and looked the same for hundreds of miles. Seen some oil wells that were working. I've been through many small towns and now we made it to Amarillo. On our way to the hotel, we passed the famous Big Texan Steakhouse. They are famous for their 72oz. steak. If you eat it in under an hour, along with a salad, baked potato, a roll and 3 fried shrimp, you get it free. If you don't it costs you $72.And yes they want their money upfront. Over 52,000 have tried it in the past 50 years and a little over 8,400 people have done it.No, i did not try that. You know me... I had grilled Salmon. It was good. Our hotel is Ambassador Hotel. Had a little problem with the beds but we got it worked out. they are very nice an helpful. I recommend it highly if you are in Amarillo. I am very happy they have hot hot water.Tomorrow, Flagstaff. Looking forward to that. Heard a lot of nice things about it.

1 comment:

  1. Flagstaff is beautiful and I hope you have a nice stay...There is a really good microbrewery there that you MUST eat at...and have a drink for me. ASk at the hotel they will know the place! We love you Donnie Vann!

    ReplyDelete