Sunday, June 20, 2010












I took the Dam tour. It is amazing that they could construct something of that magnitude that long ago. Its really spectacular thing to see. The new bridge that they are building in order to redirect traffic from the Dam, is scheduled to open this November. They started talking about building a bridge like this many, many years ago. After 9/11 happened they put the plan into motion. The functions of the Hoover Dam makes it one of the top listed terrorist targets in the US. So many people depend on its water and electricity to survive. I'm really glad I was able to see a significant piece of American history.
After we returned to the Rio, we had dinner at the buffet again. Delicious, as usual. After that we had tickets to see George Wallace at the Flamingo. Funny. Extremely funny! After the show, I played three card poker and had another great run. I cashed out and we headed back to the Rio. I am playing another WSOP tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like 3 Card Poker is your game Donnie. :-) I have pictures of me when I was about 4-5 years old at the Hoover Dam. I haven't been there since but I can still remember how awesome it was at that young age. I'm glad you got to see it too. Good luck at the Tourney today. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete