Monday, June 28, 2010

Finally got back on the road. Patch job on my steering tube. Could be worse. It could not be working at all. I saw the Pacific Ocean for the first time in my life today. The waves are so much bigger here. The water is not gray like in Jax. Noticed a definitely temperature change. Lots of pretty mountains though and fields and fields of strawberries and other crops. As we got closer to San Luis Obispo, our stop for the night, we started seeing vineyards. When we got to the hotel, I was skeptical. It reminded me a lot of Shreveport hotel. Kind of difficult to get to the room. The elevator is made for midgets and only two can ride at a time. I managed to squeeze myself in and get into the room. The room is decent with plenty of room for me to get around. They have hot water too. I don't know how people live here though. The high is 60 degrees if you're lucky. I would freeze to death year round. The locals say you can drive 30 minutes from here and its 100 degrees. They should figure out some way to pipe some of that over here. We'll be in San Francisco tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Now your getting into "my" country. I love that area of California. So beautiful, but Yes it can be on the cool side. I hope you can bundle up enough to stay warm so you can enjoy all there is to see there. Sorry about your steering tube. I hope you can get it repaired once you get to San Francisco. Have some seafood for me at the wharf. Love you.

    ReplyDelete