Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tournament started at noon today. PL Omaha high/low. There were 827 people in it. Cards were not very good start with but gradually picked up. I eventually started to accumulate chips. I was one of the chip leaders at my table when the guy sitting to my right got knocked out. You'll never believe who sat down in his place! Phil Helmuth!!! I couldn't believe that he was actually sitting next me. Right before one of my breaks, him and I went heads up. He went all in and I called. I had him covered in chips with still plenty to play with. I thought it would be a great opportunity. Unfortunately his hand held up. There were several people standing around watching the hand between him and I. It was really thrilling. I just wish I could have taken him out. I then was moved to another table where I played at pot that really hurt my chip stack. I didn't give up and I went all in with Andrew Black. I took him out of the tournament. That replenished my chip stack nicely. At the end of the day we were down to 171 players. We start back tomorrow at 2:30pm. Hope tomorrow goes as well as today. Time for bed! Wish me luck tomorrow. Oh, almost forgot. I finally got to meet one my favorite players, Chris Ferguson. He autographed my hat and I took a picture with him. We talked for a little while. He's in the same tournament as me. He was very nice to me.

1 comment: